Teaching & researching information systems management
Lecturer and sometime Research Fellow at Edinburgh Napier University. I teach topics around e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management and security & governance of information systems. My interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment.
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- Disconnected Democracy: what Scotland's Community Councils aren't doing online
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
- Social media and The Lives of Others… Stasi Media?
- Open source, open data, open options?
- Risk & control issues around social media in local government
- Online citizen engagement in Scotland: The independence referendum
- Want a Smart City? Take the people out!
Cristian on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… ECI 4 ALL on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… xavier on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of…
- The TREsPASS Project
- Producing Open Source Software
- Social Tools in the Workplace: a Microsoft survey « Learning in the Social Workplace
- 12 Papers on Social Media and Political Participation | DemocracySpot
- IS Theory
- Wiki VOIS Database - The SROI Network
- Mining the Social Web - Github code examples
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A New APT Campaign | Security Intelligence Blog | Trend Micro
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Foundation | IT Governance and Information Security | Certifications | BCS Certifications
- How do we escape the hysteria that threatens to erode public debate? | Peter Beaumont | Comment is free | The Observer
Category Archives: Europe
You may be aware that the European Commission has been supporting the development of an online collection systems for online signatures for the European Citizens Initiative – it’s called OCS and hosted on the JoinUp platform. Now, the OCS has a … Continue reading
Over the summer, I have been working with a volunteer intern Bruce Ryan carrying out an update of a study carried out 2004-2006 which investigated how technology could be developed to help regenerate democracy at the local community level. We’re getting to the data analysis and report drafting stage, so now seems a good idea to start sharing our progress. Continue reading
Starting from the overlap of geography, identity and citizenship online – and how it relates to e-identity. Raises questions including: what does it mean to be a ‘citizen’ of a place (city) when you’re online? Can a location decide you are not a citizen? How can a city know if it’s dealing with a real person? How do we define who is entitled to participate in a local space, and to what extent? Continue reading