Teaching & researching information systems governance & participation
I teach topics around security & governance of information systems, e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management . My interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment. I am a lecturer at Edinburgh Napier University's Institute for Informatics and Digital Innovation (IIDI).
- Cloud Security Alliance EMEA preconference seminar
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- Disconnected Democracy: what Scotland's Community Councils aren't doing online
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
- Social media and The Lives of Others… Stasi Media?
- Open source, open data, open options?
- Risk & control issues around social media in local government
- Online citizen engagement in Scotland: The independence referendum
Cristian on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… ECI 4 ALL on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… xavier on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of…
- Reflections Upon Deception and Protean Security Tactics
- Two-factor Authentication for SMBs
- The TREsPASS Project
- Producing Open Source Software
- Social Tools in the Workplace: a Microsoft survey « Learning in the Social Workplace
- 12 Papers on Social Media and Political Participation | DemocracySpot
- IS Theory
- Wiki VOIS Database - The SROI Network
- Mining the Social Web - Github code examples
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A New APT Campaign | Security Intelligence Blog | Trend Micro
- RT @IIDI_Napier: Great agenda speakers + location and still some places left. Not too late to signup for CyberRisks event: http://t.co/Qnvf… 10 hours ago
- RT @davidhNIACE: 17% adults in EU survey had no computer experience so could not take competency test. As high as 26% in Italy. Digital wor… 11 hours ago
- RT @zone_fox: Why prevention is approaching the end-game: ow.ly/rugMp #infosec #detection #databreach 3 days ago
- RT @InGSocproject: @InGSocproject seminar will be tweeted live today from 2pm follow using #census 3 days ago
- RT @InGSocproject: Dr Jules Rowley outlining eg. how you estimate population?different data sources used but not ever 100% accurate #census 3 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.