Teaching & researching information systems governance & participation
I am a researcher and lecturer at Edinburgh Napier University''s School of Computing. I teach topics around security & governance of information systems, e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management .
My research interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment.
- Background information on Community Councils in Scotland
- Is it all deliberate dereliction of duty?
- Community councils online? Up to a point, Lord Copper
- Cloud Security Alliance EMEA preconference seminar
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
- Social media and The Lives of Others… Stasi Media?
Bruce's IT-ish… on Community councils online? Up… Peter blogs about th… on Community councils online? Up… Heather Burns on Community councils online? Up… Anonymous on Open source, open data, open… What's missing… on A model of how local issues ar…
- MT @andy_williamson "Think also takeup slow because smartcities are pitched as tech/data solution: little resonance with people" @mekulukulu 17 hours ago
- @andy_williamson To be fair, maybe that's why actual take-up is slow (is it?) - general wariness of selling out cities' souls / values 17 hours ago
- @andy_williamson :-) For me, the key point was managers want to be able to pass responsibility for decisions onto "the data" (not citizens) 18 hours ago
- @MeKulukulu Probably - but I'm not sure improved democracy is often a priority for city managers, even in EU- never mind UAE or China 18 hours ago
- .@MeKulukulu Many have been saying smartcities shd be about citizens not tech. Problem is the corporates just see £€$ 18 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.