Teaching & researching information systems management
Lecturer and sometime Research Fellow at Edinburgh Napier University. I teach topics around e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management and security & governance of information systems. My interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment.
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- Disconnected Democracy: what Scotland's Community Councils aren't doing online
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
- Social media and The Lives of Others… Stasi Media?
- Open source, open data, open options?
- Risk & control issues around social media in local government
- Online citizen engagement in Scotland: The independence referendum
- Want a Smart City? Take the people out!
Cristian on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… ECI 4 ALL on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… xavier on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of…
- The TREsPASS Project
- Producing Open Source Software
- Social Tools in the Workplace: a Microsoft survey « Learning in the Social Workplace
- 12 Papers on Social Media and Political Participation | DemocracySpot
- IS Theory
- Wiki VOIS Database - The SROI Network
- Mining the Social Web - Github code examples
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A New APT Campaign | Security Intelligence Blog | Trend Micro
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Foundation | IT Governance and Information Security | Certifications | BCS Certifications
- How do we escape the hysteria that threatens to erode public debate? | Peter Beaumont | Comment is free | The Observer
Tag Archives: Europe
You may be aware that the European Commission has been supporting the development of an online collection systems for online signatures for the European Citizens Initiative – it’s called OCS and hosted on the JoinUp platform. Now, the OCS has a … Continue reading
I’ll be one of the crowd at this week’s PEP-NET summit to be held in Hamburg this Thursday. Find out more here and here. I’ll partly be there to represent the ITC and to catch up with e-participation researchers and practitioners; … Continue reading
It’s that time of the year again. CeDEM11 (the Conference for e-democracy, e-participation and e-voting) has issued its call for papers for next year’s event in 5-6 May 2011 at Danube University Krems. CeDEM11 brings together e-democracy, e-participation and e-voting … Continue reading
If you are an expert or practitioner in the field of civic engagement, PEP-NET, the Pan European eParticipation Network would like to invite you to participate in an online discourse about electronic Participation in Central and Eastern Europe. When the … Continue reading
Like them or not, ECIs are coming and the Commission is sounding positive about making them work. This post summarises a presentation on the factors to take into account when designing a system to handle ECIs – given at a EP hosted meeting in Edinburgh Continue reading