Teaching & researching information systems management
Lecturer and sometime Research Fellow at Edinburgh Napier University. I teach topics around e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management and security & governance of information systems. My interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment.
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- Disconnected Democracy: what Scotland's Community Councils aren't doing online
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
- Social media and The Lives of Others… Stasi Media?
- Open source, open data, open options?
- Risk & control issues around social media in local government
- Online citizen engagement in Scotland: The independence referendum
- Want a Smart City? Take the people out!
Cristian on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… ECI 4 ALL on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… Peter Cruickshank on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of… xavier on ECI4all sytem: Replacement of…
- Mining the Social Web - Github code examples
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A New APT Campaign | Security Intelligence Blog | Trend Micro
- Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Foundation | IT Governance and Information Security | Certifications | BCS Certifications
- How do we escape the hysteria that threatens to erode public debate? | Peter Beaumont | Comment is free | The Observer
- How I became a password cracker | Ars Technica
- Gamasutra - News - Valve wants to see you sweat - in the name of game design
- ASCC Local Community Councils
- DMBOK2 Framework - DAMA International
- Design-Led Innovation in Government | Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Internet Census 2012
- Hiding in Plain Sight: documenting a new #APT Campaign blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-secu… #security 1 day ago
- RT @leimer: 1999. Love it. @dcurtis: Yahoo! buys GeoCities for $3.6 billion. flip.it/K5icw 1 day ago
- BBC News - Riverside Museum is European Museum of the Year bbc.in/Z5r6Ix < Good stuff. My 2 year old would totally agree 1 day ago
- I bought a Bonnie Tyler Sat Nav. It kept telling me to 'turn around' and every now and then it fell apart #eurovision (via @erickjoyce) i#fb 2 days ago
- @Open_Sourcing Glad you enjoyed Edinburgh! Sorry to have to leave early - I'll look out for the paper 2 days ago
- BBC local news – time for something completely different? A co-operative model? william perrin
- Main obstacle to SMEs going on-line IS security - OU Survey Philip Virgo
- Giving for a purpose: what is impact volunteering? (author unknown)
- Hmong American Day…And let us know about your upcoming Twin Cities events! Cirien Saadeh
- BT launches offensive on Sky's broadband bulge: markets believe Talk Talk, not Sky, will be the main loser ... Philip Virgo
- Erdington Social Media Surgery: A volunteer helping a volunteer learn from a volunteer….. Steph Jennings
- Are you looking for a new challenge? We’re looking for a Chief Tech Officer… Andy
- mySociety – BAFTA and Emmy nominations Myfanwy
- My presentation at the Parliaments on the Net Conference Andy Williamson
- Last days to enter the #PolicyMaking20 prize osimod