Met Ann Macintosh (my supervisor) this afternoon to look my literature review work to date.
We agreed on a structure for the first part of the thesis something along these lines:
- Introduction – expanding on the research questions
- Definition of OSS
- with references to the many others that are out there
- Discussing edge cases, such as OOo’s control by Sun
- Liturature review
- The economics of OSS
- EU policy research (FLOSS etc)
- Example of OSS project: COSPA and maybe others
- Research methodology
- Social constructivism
- Soft Systems Methodology
I will see if I can arrange an invitation to the PS OSS workship in Brussels in November, which will
…bring together eminent players from European public organisations at local, regional, national and EU levels, from industry and SMEs, academics, economists, and policy makers.
Next meeting: 10 August