As well as the online version of my European open-source bibliography here, I carried out a review of alternative resources. Here’s a quick assessment of the first page of results of a Google on ‘open source bibliography’ I did back in 2006, with a note on when the contents were last updated. (I’ve left out a couple of references to open source bibliographical software.) There are only six entries – and that’s about it: I could see nothing new in the second page of Google results.
Stefan Koch does seem to own the field – he has even edited books on the subject. It’s only taken me six months to find out about him…
- O’Reilly — Open Source Bibliography, 3rd Edition To help you figure out where and how everything fits together–and the direction in which you might want to go, we’ve created what we call the Open Source … Last updated: 05/01/2002
- UCC Dublin’s Open Source Resources: Bibliography of Research and Analysis Last update: 2002
- Open Source Software and Libraries Bibliography This bibliography has been compiled by Brenda Chawner, School of Information Management, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand – focuses on open source applications used in libraries. Over 400 uncategorised entries – but all pretty closely realted to library management and information science Last update: June 2006
- OpenUsability The Open Source Usability Bibliography project serves as a basis for open source software links, readings, books etc. Stub project, and a good idea too I’m sure but: no visible content. Last update: Jan 2005
- LinuxChix: Women in Free/Open Source Software bibliography This list is intended to be a complete bibliography of published research findings on female participation in Open Source or Free Software. Last update: 2006
- Free/Open Source Software Academic Bibliography Free/Open Source Software Academic Bibliography – Maintained by Dr Stefan Koch at the Institut für Informationswirtschaft, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien. Up-to-date and extensive (130+ entries), also uncategorised, so it’s difficult to pull out relevant items. Last update: 2006