Studied 5000 OS projects and shows that open source is expanding into new domains and applications at an exponential rate: doubling time of 14-16 month (a new variation on Moore’s Law?). This paper does not consider the implications and consequences of this continuing growth – hopefully a followup will.
Blog about everything computer science, applied and more. Much research into opensource
- Talking to imagined citizens: Why share information when no-one talks back?
- Community representatives, information channels and citizen democratic engagement
- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
What I’ve been… on Community councils online? Up… Don Splashyy on Looking for a theory to explai… What I’ve been… on Community councils online? Up… summer project… on What are community councils do… My current and near-… on Lurking and what leaders know…