Avaaz.org is a new global web movement with a simple democratic mission: to close the gap between the world we have, and the world most people everywhere want.
Globalization faces a huge democratic deficit as international decisions are shaped by political elites and unaccountable corporations — not the views and values of the world’s people.
Technology and the internet have allowed citizens to connect and mobilize like never before. Avaaz takes the new model of internet-driven, people-powered politics model global, connecting people across borders to bring people powered politics to international decision-making.
In just hours we can send hundreds of thousands of messages to political leaders telling them to save a crucial summit on climate change.
In just one year, we’ve grown to over 3.2 million members, and have begun to make a real impact on global politics.
- Community representatives, information channels and citizen democratic engagement
- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
- MSc Business Information Technology: There’s more to computing than coding!