- Planning and Building Standards Portal | Edinburgh
Planning and Building Standards Portal, the electronic gateway to Planning and Building Standards’ online services, advice and guidance. Using the links below you can submit, view, and follow the progress of current planning and building warrant applications. You can also access the Council’s Property Enquiry service, including Area Search, supporting conveyancing in the city. The Portal is a key part of the Council’s Smart City Initiative.
(tags: edinburgh smartcities egovernment)
ePlanning adds to services offered over the internet by the Scottish Government, local authorities, and national park authories. It is a recognised vehicle for successful delivery of a modernised planning system for Scotland and has the potential to release efficiencies in government and business.
It delivers a range of online and workplace tools, allowing the public and professionals alike to access policy documents, apply for planning permission, track progress, make comments, understand decisions, and where applicable appeal against a decision.
ePlanning offers a range of improved electronic services including:
* Finding out what is planned in an area;
* Getting immediate answers to initial enquiries;
* Submitting applications and appeals;
* Viewing and interacting with local development plans;
* Track progress and make comments;
* Understanding planning decisions; and
* A mechanism to consult with statutory consultees electronically.
Planning is about the future development and use of land – it is there to enable good quality development, and to limit or improve other proposals. It often has to balance competing and conflicting demands to ensure that land is used in the best way for everyone’s long term interest. The quality, location and environmental impact of any new development therefore always needs careful consideration. Planning helps Scotland to meet current and future economic, social and environmental opportunities.
Planning in Scotland is primarily a local function and the planning authority in the local area should be your point of contact. Planning authorities promote and facilitate development, while protecting and enhancing the natural and built environment.
The Planning service is available across a few distinct websites, the links on this page will guide you to the place you need to go. A useful introduction to the services can be viewed on the Video Page.
- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
- MSc Business Information Technology: There’s more to computing than coding!
- Democratic Participation in a Citizen’s Europe: What Next for the EU?