International non-governmental organization founded in 1999 as a small initiative of the Council of Europe’s Congress of Local and Regional Authorities to coordinate a network of Local Democracy Agencies (LDAs) in existence since 1993.The LDAs are local NGOs acting to foster Human Rights and local democracy. Different pillars of activities were rapidly added to ALDA’s mission which nowadays include:
• strengthening of European integration in different geographical areas including Caucasus;
• active citizenship and citizens’ participation;
• fostering of equal opportunities and young policies;
• sustainable economic development;
Useful way of coordinating feedback on e-participation requirements across Europe
- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
- MSc Business Information Technology: There’s more to computing than coding!
- Democratic Participation in a Citizen’s Europe: What Next for the EU?