Teaching & researching information systems governance & participation
I am a researcher and lecturer at Edinburgh Napier University''s School of Computing. I teach topics around security & governance of information systems, e-commerce, information and social media strategy, knowledge management .
My research interests include governance of information systems, risk management, identity and privacy, citizen engagement, and open source for egovernment.
- #digiCC – our report on digital engagement workshops
- Background information on Community Councils in Scotland
- Is it all deliberate dereliction of duty?
- Community councils online? Up to a point, Lord Copper
- Cloud Security Alliance EMEA preconference seminar
- ECI4all sytem: Replacement of OCS announced – but who are they?
- The resistible rise of Facebook
- What are community councils doing online in Scotland
- Identity, local citizenship and a modest proposal
Bruce's IT-ish… on Community councils online? Up… Peter blogs about th… on Community councils online? Up… Heather Burns on Community councils online? Up… Anonymous on Open source, open data, open… What's missing… on A model of how local issues ar…
- IoT will be scary at least til there is auto notifications & fixes lnkd.in/ePh2VsD Trane thermostat is a hot spot for viruses on ne… 13 hours ago
- Why management and engineers need to have the same understanding of infosec risk. lnkd.in/eiRRW_T 1 day ago
- "Technology didn't help us create a new democratic order. I know what, let's create a new technological fix." ...T… lnkd.in/e4nM4KQ 2 days ago
- What's the chances of the USA government being able to deliver on the required changes in the law? lnkd.in/e3KDFVp 5 days ago
- CURIOS project: Open linked data for community heritage. Would make a great #opendataEDB presentation @okfnscot twitter.com/IIDI_Napier/st… 6 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.