- Community representatives, information channels and citizen democratic engagement
- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
- MSc Business Information Technology: There’s more to computing than coding!
Tag Archives: e-petitions
A commonsense proposal for making the EU’s Citizen Initiative (ECI) more lightweight and effective – based on some old research. Continue reading
It is times like this that it is frustrating to live in a city that’s (let’s face it) at the periphery of the EU, and to be working in times of budgetary constraint. There are a lot of exciting developments … Continue reading
As part of the EuroPetition evaluation process for the report we’ve just issued, one research question we asked was whether there is an optimum time for closing a petition. I thought I’d discuss one finding that came out of playing … Continue reading
I’ve finally been able to write some notes from the European Parliament’s report on petitioning in 2009 – it was approved 7 June 2010, so really I have no excuse for being so late with this piece. Despite the delay, … Continue reading