- Keep up with my current research
- Community representatives and online communication
- Lurking and what leaders know about their invisible audience
- Information literacy to support democratic engagement
- Hear from postgraduate MSc Business Information Technology students
- A modest proposal… for the ECI
- Risks, controls & incident handling, and why they matter
- What can TOE say about information security?
- MSc Business Information Technology: There’s more to computing than coding!
- Democratic Participation in a Citizen’s Europe: What Next for the EU?
Tag Archives: participation
A commonsense proposal for making the EU’s Citizen Initiative (ECI) more lightweight and effective – based on some old research. Continue reading
Edinburgh University’s public participation network has been hosting The Citizen Participation Series. Last night, it turned to the digital world to explore how it is opening up new possibilities for democratic participation in Scotland and beyond. I was invited to … Continue reading
Last week, we ran a workshop on Co-design for the Smart Cities project looking at the challenges that co-design presents local government – so we were privileged to be joined by managers from four cities around the North Sea region … Continue reading
As promised, here’s a PDF of the presentation I gave at ePart10 – looking at why e-participation researchers and practitioners should take passive users (aka lurkers) of their websites seriously. And one or two ideas on how to support a … Continue reading
Earlier this week, there was another General Council discussion on the ECI. A video of the last meeting has now been posted. It includes a link to a revised draft of the regulation (in case this insanely long link doesn’t … Continue reading